Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: FTTP

Yeah i thought so,im considering purchasing it i just hope it is a reliable service

Ive had fttc for a few years via openreach and its been solid enough im just curious to see how it performs with gaming/downloading films etc,the houses round my way have all had the little black boxes installed outside there houses they are just different looking on different streets,im guessing the fancy virgin branded cover will be a full fibre service and mine will be Fttc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@BENORMOUS wrote:

Yeah i thought so,im considering purchasing it i just hope it is a reliable service

Ive had fttc for a few years via openreach and its been solid enough im just curious to see how it performs with gaming/downloading films etc,the houses round my way have all had the little black boxes installed outside there houses they are just different looking on different streets,im guessing the fancy virgin branded cover will be a full fibre service and mine will be Fttc

again, regardless if it's FTTC or FTTP it'll make no difference to the service you receive. coax is capable of speeds far greater than what the current maximum package supplies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

How long once the street cabinet goes is does it usually take before its a live service and we can place orders?cabinet went on start of last week and no sign if any works being done looks like they have finished,will that be a fibre cab then a coax line to my house?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

it could still be weeks or months.
the street cabinet is only one part of a long process.

and you need to stop fixating on whether it will be coax or fibre to the house - it'll make ZERO difference to the service to would service.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Why am i fixating?im going to be buying a service i want to know exactky what it will be i want to know what ill be paying for chill yourself out mate have a cuppa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

because you keep going on about whether it will be coax or fibre.
you'll be paying for a service to be provided to you, whether it's fibre to the house or fibre to the cabinet and then coax to your house will make ZERO different to the service you get.

it'll be the same speed you get regardless.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Im simply trying to get my head around how Virgin do things,when i was a Virgin customer many years ago it was in my first home and was all ready installed so i just paid for it to be activated,it was good when it was running at its best but a lot of down time when the service had gone out,im sure things will have improved since then.

0 Kudos