Menu
Jarvelrooy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Existing customer deals!

Please can someone from VM explain to me why they do not offer the same or better deals to their customers as potential new customers??

My contract is now coming to an end and the price has increased by some £22 per month. Now I know this was the case when I signed the deal 18 months ago, but would have expected similar deals to be offered now my contract as come to its end.

The service I have is the M350 with landline which is great, albeit the kids tell me it hasn't been so good lately with gaming due to high "pings", low "download speeds" and regular "dropouts"?? This does not mean much to me, sorry lol.

Now the deals VM are offering ALL involve TV packages which quite frankly we aren't bothered about as we have Netflix and now TV.

The website WILL NOT give me the option of changing my broadband package alone to another for example the M100 or M500? Please can someone explain why??

I really can't be bothered to change but if VM cannot look after its customers then perhaps I'll have to see what BT, Sky and Talk talk have to offer

I await your response with eager anticipation.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing customer deals!

@Jarvelrooy wrote:

The website WILL NOT give me the option of changing my broadband package alone to another for example the M100 or M500? Please can someone explain why??

Just on this specific point, it's a common thing with the website and online amendments, that if you're on any kind of promotional or discount deal, the website will often (always?) refuse to let you make any changes to your bundle.

The discount codes used to build promotional packages have never worked well outside of C/S agents.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Jarvelrooy wrote:

I really can't be bothered to change but if VM cannot look after its customers then perhaps I'll have to see what BT, Sky and Talk talk have to offer

I await your response with eager anticipation.

Apathy is what VM and all ISPs are hoping for so that you don't change to another ISP.

This is not unique to ISPs as I often have to change insurance company to get the best deal for my car or house insurance.

As for awaiting a staff response, it will take the staff a long time to respond on here and they will tell you to call in as this is not something they can help with.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Always worth calling in and see what they can offer you you may be able to move to a package with reduced TV channels that will be cheaper - all in lieu of you signing a new 10 month contract of course 🙂

Call in at 08.00 and follow options 1,1,4,4.

Re. the kids gaming - are they gaming on devices connected to the Hub by ethernet cable? My lad is a semi-pro gamer and would never use wifi for any gaming device - except perhaps his iPhone when sat right next to the Hub! If they are on wifi can you wire their devices by Cat6 cables or else consider improving the wifi by getting your own better quality wireless equipment - like a Mesh system.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I meant an18 month contract of course 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos