Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Existing Customer - upgrade to Virgin Mixit TV and M500 broadband

Good evening all.  First time using this sort of forum so here goes.  I am in the process of reviewing my Virgin Broadband and TV package.  With regards to

• upgrading to M500 broadband with Mixit TV 
  • currently have M350 broadband with TV (M) TV V6 Box powered by TiVO (not sure what all this means)

anyone that has upgraded - has this upgrade been free or charged for? And should a new box be provided for the Mixit TV?  I am happy to keep to a basic TV package as we have enough choice of channels with Virgin, Amazon and Netflix. No need for sports channels or film channels.  

Many thanks for taking the time to review my question.  Kind regards  

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing Customer - upgrade to Virgin Mixit TV and M500 broadband

Answer is... it is a "simple" BB upgrade and will require no extra equipment. They will simply send a new configuration file to your current Hub to switch it to the new speed.

Re cost... How long have you been a customer? Are you out of contract now?

Then you need to call it in and see what they can offer. If you are a long standing customer they may offer you an "upgraded" package which in some cases can actually be cheaper. They are less likely to do that if you are just coming out of your "new customer discount" period and about to move to the standard price - but could still offer you a good deal though.  It can be variable from day to day and agent to agent.  Just be sure you get confirmation of what you are agreeing to by text/email/chat - there are occasions when what the customer thought they had agreed to on the phone - isnt what gets delivered!

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 or (any other phone) - follow options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you sort it and see what they can offer.

Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Took just 20’ for me one afternoon recently.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Your reply has been very helpful - I have been a long standing customer and they offered me the upgrade to broadband and Mixit TV for £2 extra per month - initially quoted £5 extra pm.  Interesting that you say maybe able to get cheaper.  As I was negotiating with agent on the 'chat' and said I would think about it.  I then went to have dinner and got an email through saying changes had been made.  Based on your comments I will go back and say I didn't agree so will try for either cheaper or no change in fee upgrade.

I note you have 2x sim only phones - we have 3 x sim only cards onto iPhones - are these linked to your broadband / TV package?  Mine are separate at the moment at 3 x £9 per month.  

Thank you and have a great weekend.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did you save the "chat" history as "proof"?

My SIM's are separate to the other "Media" account - same as yours.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fortunately I did save my chat and still have that as evidence.  Thanks for your guidance. 

0 Kudos