Menu
HCA
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Even at the end, you can do nothing correctly

Before I start: all you frothing virgin boys who cannot wait to dash in here and white-knight your best-buddy corporation, please don't.  And to the 'mods', if they do turn up, how about you scold THEM for once, not your actual customers?

So: This service has never worked.  I have done everything I can to fix it.  You have done nothing.

I was eventually forced into action that resulted in terminating my contract.

However, VM actually had a last dying attempt to bring me back around. They got in touch.  They agreed that the service was unacceptable, and they made me an offer on another contract I could not refuse.

Or at least, that was the spiel launched by your retention agents.

He nattered in my ear for an hour, unwilling to lose me, so I gave him an ultimatum: Give me the ridiculously cheap contract you are offering, repair the cable, replace the router, and I will stay

'Done!' shrieks he in triumph 'We'll get it fixed ASAP!'

So, I await the next day to be told when my engineer will attend.  Instead, a completely different retentions officer gets in touch and gives me the exact same song and dance.

Sigh.

I explain that this is already all sorted.  He states that it isn't, that no notes are made and that the system has nothing on me.

Bravo

But, he swears to me he'll do as his colleague promised.  'Leave it with me,' he says 'I'll get back to you this evening with action.'

That was a week ago.  Since then, my service has been down more that it has been up and the router has reset so any times I'm shocked its not shorted out.

So, I've cancelled my services. Again.  But hey, you get another month out of me, so its all good, right?

I simply do not understand how you can be this incompetent.  There is no way it is accidental, so at this point I am convinced that VM are trolling me.

The next 30 days cannot go by soon enough

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Even at the end, you can do nothing correctly

None of the regulars are here for the purpose of defending Virgin Media - VM are a multi-billion pound company with handsomely paid directors, they can defend themselves.  I can't say I'm surprised by what you describe - VM appear to have the most appalling collection of processes and systems of any comparably sized company.

But what do you now want?  If you just want to vent, that's fine, your post is commendably restrained and nobody is going to mind.  Or are you hoping for the forum staff to work some magic and press the field team to stop messing around and fix the connection, and the retentions team to honour and implement any agreed deal? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos