Menu
brendanjohndaly
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Engineer not wearing masks

• Broadband keeps dropping so contacted Virgin. Said would send engineer but I am self-isolating so asked about masks. Was told company policy is for engineers to wear gloves but not masks. Not acceptable to me so no engineer booked so stuck with problem. Anyone else had this problem?
0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer not wearing masks

Hi there,

thank you for your post.

it is company policy currently that all technicians wear face masks within the home. Gloves and other PPE will be worn also where appropriate.

However if you are self isolating then we would not attend your home as self isolation generally means you have received a positive test or showing symptoms. Unless of course you mean that you are shielding In which case we would attend under certain conditions conditions such as telephone services being down and you having a lifeline.

I would need more detail to be sure if we would attend or not.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

brendanjohndaly
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer not wearing masks

I am vulnerable and due to go in hospital soon so have been asked to self-isolate. Explained this on phone and was told that it was not possible to guarantee engineer would wear mask. As I found this unacceptable they cancelled engineer.

0 Kudos