cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email cut off since Sunday

CFG
Joining in

Email fine until late on Sunday 18th. Monday am no email. website gave me a very complicated page about changing password - which I followed. I successfully changed the main password for my Virgin Media account and then was given a 4 word password for apps, then didn't understand the next set of instructions. However I still couldn't access my emails - received the message "Connection timed out - Pls try reloading the page." Eventually talked to someone at 7pm last night after holding twice for 40 mins!

He said email wld be working within 10 - 15 mins. I then received one email (instead of usual 15 - 20) I left it until today.  This morning received all yesterday's emails but none today. And can't access email on my iphone or ipad.

Finally - after another 30 mins holding spoke to someone who has told me that it is a technical issue, which will be resolved by 5 pm tonight.

So why can't Virgin Media text me that there's a problem - or at least put it on the message that we listen to when we call, saying there's a technical problem and when they think it will be resolved. Apart from holding 3 times for 30minutes + there is the frustration, time spent trying to access and changing passwords etc. let alone not having email!. 

2 REPLIES 2

tcbrock
Joining in

Well, here we are still waiting - and no promise of compensation! ... looks like compensation is only paid if Broadband or TV are completely down for over 24 hours! So, come on Virgin, we know you have problems, but message us when you do, and compensate us adequately.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CFG and tcbrock 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our Community Forums.

We have now restored the ability to send and receive emails for all affected accounts. Our teams are continuing to work flat out to restore historic emails into the inboxes of a small proportion of accounts. 

Please also be aware that Email faults are not covered under our Automatic Compensation Scheme, which you can read more on here. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ