Menu
kotz68
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Electric RCD keeps tripping

Hi

Ever since having a Virgin Media broadband package installed on the 20th November 2020, we have been experiencing our consumer box (RCD) tripping out. This is happening intermittently, it can go as long as 4 days and everything is fine and then on the other hand the RCD can trip 7 or so times per day in quite quick succession.

We have tried switching various circuits off throughout the day, however cannot trace the problem.

Like I say this problem has only started occurring since having the Virgin Media equipment installed.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Electric RCD keeps tripping

I think you will have to call an electrician in, the virgin equipment is very low power and unlikely to be causing the RCD to trip

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Could well be the VM “bricks” that are causing the trip. You do not say of you have a V6 as well as a hub. If you have both unplug one for a time and see if the trip still occurs. If it does you have possibly found it, if not try the other way around. If the first test trips and so does the second, it’s not the VM kit. If you only have one VM brick try unplugging it to see what happens. /

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
lymbournbella
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ever since i had new hub it has caused problems tripping electrics during night i know it is the hub as when i unplug it before going to bed the electrics dont trip

0 Kudos
kotz68
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

After over a month of the fuse box tripping and  thinking it had to be something to do with the Virgin Media equipment  as the initial problem started around the date of the install, it turns out there is actually a problem on the electricity supply grid.

Due to lockdown we have not had much contact with our neighbours, but a chance conversation turned up that quite a few people in our street had had the same problem.

Thanks to those people who commented and tried to offer help and advice.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos