cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Kerb

V23
Joining in

Dear Sirs,

I am currently in the process of getting a dropped kerb installed for a driveway. I believe I have a Virgin Media manhole on the pavement where the dropped kerb is to be installed. The manhole cover has CAT V (IG) written on it, see attached photo.

The Highway Agency asked if you can confirm the existing manhole cover is adequate for vehicle loading.

Could you please confirm the grade of the manhole cover if confirm if it is adequate for HA loading. 

However, based on our observation its seems like the existing manhole cover is adequate to support vehicle loading.

At present, this area is already a parking space where the cars park half on the road and half on the footpath. The local resident are parking and driving in top on the manhole every day.

image002.pngIMG-20230429-WA0000.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

View this topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Manhole-Cover-Dropped-Kerb/m-p/5295367

where a customer has posted an explanation of the steps he took to start the process of involving VM in a dropped kerb installation

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most of the square chamber covers are of concrete construction & can take the weight of a vehicle. What you have to watch for is the ones with rounded edges, as these are actually fibreglass.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks