Menu
Reece11
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone else have this?

1.jpg

I guess Virgin Media just could not be bothered to update it to 2020. I raised it with them before and they didn't really comment on it much. I can't believe they've not even noticed it.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does anyone else have this?

@Reece11 wrote:

I guess Virgin Media just could not be bothered to update it to 2020. I raised it with them before and they didn't really comment on it much. I can't believe they've not even noticed it.

Is it affecting your Broadband, TV, Telephone or Mobile services ?

No ?

I didn't think so, just another waste of time post.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
Ann_Droid
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Two thoughts.......

They are obviously very busy right now and it's on the TO-DO list

OR

VM are pretty slapdash / not too particular about what image they present.

All is Calm
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Reece11 wrote:

do you undertsand what the date actually refers to? clearly not.

"Following the copyright symbol is the date. You should insert the year in which your work was created"

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That would mean anything created post 2014 on the website would not be covered by the copyright notice and thus would not preclude a defence of unintentional infringement; the latter is likely why companies maintain copyright notices that reflect the current year:  see ARM Holdings, Adobe, Apple, IBM, Microsoft, Liberty Global (Virgin Media's parent company), …

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

the 2014 date only appears on the forum/community pages though, not the main virgin website.
so the 2014 copyright date only applies to the community.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

copyright is automatic. The creator of any work is automatically granted copyright to that work. No notice or regiserstration is needed.

That © Sign
Another misconception is that you have to put the copyright symbol on something, or else it isn’t copyrighted. This used to be true, but is not the case any longer.

In a related myth, some people think that you can’t use the copyright symbol unless you have registered the copyright. Also untrue.

The copyright symbol carries no legal weight and has no magical effect on the status of your copyright. Forgetting to use it does not cause you to lose your rights related to something you created.

The purpose of the copyright symbol and dated copyright notice is to inform people that a piece of art is copyrighted, who owns that copyright, and under what terms is the present copy being made available.

Copyright notices are not required for any reason, but they are certainly useful and ought to be included.

By the way, the best way to display the circle-C copyright symbol is to type © into your HTML.

This should be followed by the year of creation and the name of the current copyright holder (usually the creator). If you want to add additional notices (such as “All rights reserved” or “Creative Commons release,”) do so after the name.

https://www.whoishostingthis.com/resources/copyright-guide/