Menu
syy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone actually believe a word Virgin says

I have just received an email to say there would be no price increases this year.   I recently contacted Virgin to cancel my sports package - I had done this online but found, although initially said you could, that this was not possible.   I phoned and spoke with a person - will say that as at one stage thought was a robot.   They seemed totally apathetic when I said I was considering leaving.   They quoted me a total after the sports was cancelled and this did not seem correct i.e. new package total sum was about £13 high than I thought it should be the person I spoke with said 'oh that's because of price increases'.   I said had not received any notification of price increase.   Does the main office of Virgin actually converse with their 'call centre staff'.   I have in the past when my hub wasn't working been asked if I had any pliers to dismantle part of it I said I was unable to do this.   I later found out that there had been a fault in my local area. Once again staff totally unaware of what is actually going on.

Sorry to vent this in the community.   I filled an online form in to complain a week ago but todate have not received a reply from Virgin- what a surprise.  

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does anyone actually believe a word Virgin says

virgin have 28 days to respond to a complaint.
https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/Code-of-Practice-Ap...

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Bengie
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A price rise during contract notified or not gives you the opportunity to cancel the contract without penalty.

spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

unless, of course, the price rise was part of the discounted package that has just ended.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

or the price goes up due to a package change
syy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying - I did ask to be notified by email if any replies were received but this didn't happen so apologies for the delay.  I logged in to find if I had had any.

I have downloaded the pdf file and am going to probably write - although in the past I sent a letter by recorded delivery and still didn't get a reply. 

Sylvia

0 Kudos
syy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying