cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do virgin media cancel sky

m0han
Tuning in

i have a virgin media saleman visiting me tomorrow. He’s mentioned to my mum that virgin media will cancel my sky for me. Is this correct? From what i have seen in the forum this isn’t true. 

5 REPLIES 5

Portery
Fibre optic

Sadly not they will only cancel the telephone if you port the old sky landline number to virgin media . You would have to cancel the tv service 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Given delays that often attend VM installations you wish to have a short overlap. 

See also https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Switching-from-sky/m-p/5252758

Laury
Settling in

Hi mate,

I was told the same thing by a sales person and now have 2 broadbands running at the same time. After calling the customer service, they said they cant do anything and must pay cancellation fee, even though it is a false advertisment.

If you're from around Gloucester, it might be the same salesperson and it would be great to if you still have his card or name, as it is needed to start any type of investigation to resolve my issues.

Thanks

Laury

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@m0han wrote:

i have a virgin media saleman visiting me tomorrow. He’s mentioned to my mum that virgin media will cancel my sky for me. Is this correct? From what i have seen in the forum this isn’t true. 

You could be forgiven for working from the assumption that anything you're told by a field sales agent isn't true.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Laury wrote:

Hi mate,

I was told the same thing by a sales person and now have 2 broadbands running at the same time. After calling the customer service, they said they cant do anything and must pay cancellation fee, even though it is a false advertisment.

If you're from around Gloucester, it might be the same salesperson and it would be great to if you still have his card or name, as it is needed to start any type of investigation to resolve my issues.

Thanks

Laury

This is where it gets complicated. If your current provider provides you with an ADSL or FTTC Broadband service, then porting your phone number to Virgin WILL cancel your Broadband service, as the line needs a number to operate, & the line must stay "Active" until the port takes place. If your current provider is FTTH then your phone number is separate from your Broadband, so porting the number won't cancel the Broadband service.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks