Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Disgraceful service

In these uncertain and worrying times a lot of us have to be furloughs,understandable of course,we get 80 per cent of usual pay understandable,we try to downgrade or ask for help reducing price of package to reflect the loss of income and hit a brick wall with virgin provider,unacceptable.This service is a disgrace to be honest,banks help,building society's help,even  credit card company's virgin media? Not a peep.anyone else feel the same?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Disgraceful service

Hi there, 

I'm sorry you are struggling to get your package downgraded. 

In order to get this resolved, can I suggest you raise a query with the team via the text service? 

Their contact number is 07533051809. 

I hope this helps 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

they don't respond!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Why is the text service the first thing being recommended when it doesn't work? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Webchat/m-p/4206052/highlight/false#M49762

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Lack of help to loyal customers

During the lockdown home entertainment is essential to our very sanity.Because of furloughs people are struggling financially.Thats understandable we all got to make some sacrifices,banks credit card companies mortgage providers all seem to understand this.Not virgin.All people are asking is help with their bills,not charity a downgrade,they wont even help with that.They are a true disgrace,when all this insanitys over no more virgin for this customer.EVER

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In the last few weeks VM has:

Given mobile customers unlimited calls and extra data free

Given home customers free kids channels, entertainment channels (if they don't have them already), offered to arrange payment plans, paused sky and bt sports subscriptions (when you fill in the online form) and for customers using the special "low user" limited broadband they have lifted the cap on this and made it unlimited.

What more do you want?

You say banks/credit card companies are helping - the banks have given a mortgage holiday but check the terms you pay more for this in the long run, likewise the credit card companies.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

"What more do you want?"

For them to answer correspondence? It's not hard but VM appears to be incapable of replying to email, text, webchat, twitter, or answer the phone. I know they are short staffed right now but I've been waiting for a reply for some time now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgraceful service (eg: Pausing Sky Sports and BT Sports)

You listed to the community in your reply all the wonderful customer help/support action VM has taken during these unprecedented times. One of your described  actions has been the one identified in the subject header. On a number of occasions via the community service page (as you don't answer the phone, reply to emails or web chat etc etc) I have highlighted my innumerable attempts to positively utilise your "pausing web page", unfortunately for me all have been in vain. Finding the page is not difficult but why is the submit button continuously "grey"? Is this colouring/non-movement of the submit button not a sign of being inactive and the button is not yet set-up to be responsive?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well, hold up serving the mother millions of customers lad we've got to deal with this one first.

"short staffed" you might have missed the part where they lost a colleague to Covid-19 (its in the Manchester Evening News) in response they had to close one of the few centres still open, rush a deep clean, and in the following weeks rapidly get work from home arrangements in place for all their staff. No where is doing well right now, so keep trying, be patient and you will get somewhere. 

If the button is grey its usually because you've not correctly filled out one of the fields above, I've completed this form several times for myself and family and had this issue at first. Oh and I am a user just like you. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgraceful service (eg: Pausing Sky Sports and BT Sports)

I appreciated your alacrity of response ref my "grey button" input, however there are no errors on my form/page submission. I have tried to action this form since day one (when it was put up) but to no avail, all efforts have been in vain. 

0 Kudos