Menu
ET4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Disappointing Upgrade Offers

Just come off the phone feeling I've been kicked in the nuts...

Been on cable since the Nynex days and most of the time I have come away at the end of the 12 month contracts with a quick phone call and an offer I'm happy with.

This time I cannot even get the same broadband offer as a new customer or anywhere close... I felt like they had me over a barrel and just reacted with a 'computer says no' attitude. 

I think its pretty poor to be honest and not what I've experienced in the past with Virgin.

The chap I was dealing with was in retentions at the end of the line if you like. Maybe I need to pen a letter to be heard...

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disappointing Upgrade Offers

no one is entitled to any offer.

you won't get a new customer price or anywhere close. the business model used by many providers no longer allows for that. new customers groomed in on the cheap, then ramp up the prices. that is the way business works.

there has been talk of 'changes' in the media for all providers. but it won't be every single customer getting the lower price. i suspect pro rata up for newbies, slight decrease for regulars. no company can afford to give everyone new customer prices.

no amount of writing will change that.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disappointing Upgrade Offers

Your best bet is to call in again - different day, different agent, different deals. But as james says you have zero chance of getting new customer discount - you have already had that. If you want those you have to leave VM and come back in >3 months (AIUI)

If you are actually out of contract you are in a better negotiating position with that threat (bluff!?) but VM are calling those threats more these days. Negotiate reasonabley saying you want to change your package and will sign another 12 mo contract and they should offer you something. If they dont than you know what the next step will have to be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos