Menu
Bethany951
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Default on credit file

Virgin media are a disgrace. I got virgin out in July and immediately cancelled on the day of installing as they miss sold the package to me and my partner. They told me they wasn’t charging me the £35 installation fee due but boy was I wrong. Months later it’s showing up as a default on my partners account. Spoke to virgin media several times after being on hold for hours on end for them to just say our account is in credit of the £35 and we wasn’t charged. They also said they would contact the credit team and they obviously still haven’t as 7 months later it’s still showing as a default.

They lie and say it’s closed and there’s no money owed but on credit score apps it’s showing as a missed payment and a default.

this needs sorting ASAP! We want to buy a house and we don’t need this holding us back.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Default on credit file

this cannot be dealt with there on the forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Default on credit file

Hello

Thanks for your post. You'd need to speak to the Credit Amendments Team. Pop them a letter or email with the following information:

• Name
  • Account Holders Name
  • Full Address where you had the services
  • A photo or screenshot showing the Virgin error on your credit file
  • Contact details for yourself

They will investigate this and come back to you within 28 days.

The contact options are:

• By post at: Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ
  • Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos