Menu
Strippling01
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Damaged Cabinet

I would like to report a damaged cabinet in the Edinburgh Leith area. The cabinet in on the pavement outside number 8 Links Gardens, EH6 7JH.
The cabinet was severely corroded at the bottom and now some children have pulled it over and it is causing an obstacle to pedestrians on a busy pavement.
This happens a lot in this area and it would be nice if Virgin Media made it easier to report these issues.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged Cabinet

it is very easy.
the number for reporting street box problems is 0330 333 0444.

however, as you have said it's now causing an obstacle on the pavement, you should also report it to the local council as a possible health & safety issue.

0 Kudos
Strippling01
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phew - I looked for hours for that number and have been on every option available on their Help Line. Finally managed to report the issue with this valuable information.

Now..... let's start the journey around Edinburgh Council's multiple options Help Line!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Strippling01

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for posting.

We are sorry to hear that one of our cabinets is in this condition.

Thank you for taking the time to call and report this to our team. We do appreciate it.

Many thanks once again. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Strippling01
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So here I was a week ago full of high hopes that I had finally reached the right place to get the issue with the cabinet sorted and one week later...... nothing!

The cabinet is still leaning at a jaunty angle halfway into the public path and my internet is in danger of going south.

I had similar issues last year when I tried to report that the door was open on the cabinet, I reported it FOUR times and eventually gave up.

You don't see Usain Bolt dashing round to my house to fix the problem - get him off that treadmill and doing something useful.

My Angry from Edinburgh

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

if you think it's a health and safety issue then report it to the council, otherwise you've reported it and you can let it leave your mind 🙂
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Strippling01,

Thanks for looking out for our cabinets, I'm going to send you a PM about logging the cabinet issue so we can get it fixed.

Thanks

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Lisa_CC wrote:

Hi Strippling01,

Thanks for looking out for our cabinets, I'm going to send you a PM about logging the cabinet issue so we can get it fixed.

Thanks

Lisa_CC

it's already been logged!!!!

0 Kudos