Menu
Matt-the-mic
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Customer service and deals

Hi Every one,

Having a weird day trying to get a better deal on my phone and broadband, I am told I cant get a deal on my phone and broadband that is cheaper than the one I all ready have.  Weird as they avertise it a lot cheaper for new customers?

I am then told I can get a better deal, faster broad band, keep the phone line.  I do need to take out the TV option as well, so I get a cheaper broadband and phone deals plus a service I was not looking for £72 cheaper than what I currently pay.   I am told the deal will stay active for 7 days so I wait and talk to my wife before I call back a few hours later to take up the deal.

Well I treid to take up the deal, the person I spoke to could not find the deal at first and or match it.  Some time on hold later they have found the deal and are talking to the agent who offered the deal, the person I am talking to still cant let me take up the deal.  I am left with a manager calling me back at some point, I had hoped today but sadly not. 

Do Virgin know what they are doing, do they want to lose customers and over charge existing customers?  Plus why force customers to take on extras they neither want or need to get a better deal?

Your thoughts please,

Matt

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer service and deals

nothing weird about the first one. you're not a new customer therefore not eligible to get that deal.

also, you're not being "over charged", you're paying the advertised price. those new customers will revert to advertised price once their new customder deal runs out. no doubt you also got a new customer deal when you joined.

i also can't understand how you could be paying £72 less per month by adding another service. you can explain in detail the offer they made?

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:- "also, you're not being "over charged", you're paying the advertised price."

If someone has been on same plan for a few years, after price rises ect. It is easy to be paying over the current advertised full prices.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@teabag wrote:

@chenks wrote:- "also, you're not being "over charged", you're paying the advertised price."

If someone has been on same plan for a few years, after price rises ect. It is easy to be paying over the current advertised full prices.

£72pm over the current advertised price though? something doesn't add up there.

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:

@teabag wrote:

£72pm over the current advertised price though? something doesn't add up there.

Yeah, that was changing the package - and something they now refuse to honour.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos