Menu
ZamanHouse
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Customer service - Dirty tactics

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this in their encounters with the customer service team - When trying to get a complaint resolved, they promise you someone will be in contact with you, but when they call and you pick up they hang up the phone. And the next time you speak to someone and explain someone still hasn't called you, they say we can see on the system they 'tried' to contact you. 

In a long running dispute with virgin, i've experienced this 3 times now, so am inclined to think this isn't a mistake / coincidence and is actually a crafty, disgusting tactic they're employing just to cover their backs. On one occasion, after a heated conversation with a lady claiming to be high up manager, she promised me she would call me back a 7pm. She did...the phone rang, I picked up and she hung up. And just to make sure it wasn't network related, my husband called my phone right after and got through fine 

Please share your experiences because i'm sure i'm not the only one whose been through this. And if not, Virgin really need to be out on BBC's Rogue traders.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SR8
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer service - Dirty tactics

Happened to me been waiting for a week to get any information in regards to my pre pull work to be done outside my property. Been constantly told an Area field manager will call or a regional manager will call but nothing. Got a phone call during the day, picked up and they hung up on me. I called back they said there was no information of anyone trying to call you. I feel as though virgin media customer service agents are either butt dialing us or deliberately taking advantage of our need for help. Absolutely poor customer service.

0 Kudos
ZamanHouse
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Funnily enough, the whole saga for me began from them needing to do pull work outside the property too. But it took over a week of me calling everyday and speaking to probably over a dozen different people (each ensuring me my install is booked for tomorrow) before one customer service agent pointed out the install couldn't happen untill the pull work was done. This also kept getting booked - canceled - rebooked and yet couldn't tell me why. 

Another thing I forgot to say in my original post is I find it odd that when they're 'trying' to contact you, they don't bother to leave a voicemail - actions of someone who isn't really 'trying' to contact you in my book. 

And just to throw into the mix, to really put into perspective the shockingly bad customer service, on about 3 separate  occasions when I've asked to raise a complaint and the person would say I've raised a complaint for you, when I call the next day, the person I'm speaking to would tell me no complaint has been raised - bold face lies!!!!

In a nutshell, no exaggeration, this encounter with virgin media has to be hands down the worst customer experience I've had in my life. And I'm just flabbergasted a large corporation like virgin would let this pass as a form of customer service. They need to re-train or re-employ.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

"Rogue Traders" lol - not even the correct category for such an outrageous suggestion!!

They have a complaints code of practice on the website - have you looked at that?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ZamanHouse
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I've been through the process and what I explained in my original post is what I got. I'm currently waiting for a deadlock letter and everytime I've called I've been assured someone will contact me regarding it and nothing...or dropped calls with no voicemails. TBH, I've wasted too many hours trying to get simple answers  ..so I'm just waiting for the 8 weeks to pass and I'm going to just deal with it via ofcom / cisas.

P.S. I stand by that Rogue traders comment..because traditionally rogue traders never respond to a customer's complaint either and just fob them off.

@gary_dexter wrote:
"Rogue Traders" lol - not even the correct category for such an outrageous suggestion!!

They have a complaints code of practice on the website - have you looked at that?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@ZamanHouse wrote:

Yes, I've been through the process and what I explained in my original post is what I got. I'm currently waiting for a deadlock letter and everytime I've called I've been assured someone will contact me regarding it and nothing...or dropped calls with no voicemails. TBH, I've wasted too many hours trying to get simple answers  ..so I'm just waiting for the 8 weeks to pass and I'm going to just deal with it via ofcom / cisas.

P.S. I stand by that Rogue traders comment..because traditionally rogue traders never respond to a customer's complaint either and just fob them off.

@gary_dexter wrote:

Has it passed 8 weeks since you made your complaint?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ZamanHouse
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No...I think I got roughly a week or so left.

0 Kudos