Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Customer Services Text Bot

I am interested to know if anyone has had success with the customer services text bot? I tried to get through to customer services a month back via all means including social media. I had some success with Facebook but none otherwise.

I eventually received a text after thinking I might get a call back. I had already provided the relevant problem information several times and thought it would be an easy one to fix. The text service looked good. I responded to it and thought maybe I might get a call back later in the day. No text, no call back. I had problems before so made a complaint. Now received a month later a letter through my post box telling me that they couldn't get hold of me (despite having at least 2 phone numbers and an email address with the account, and also same provided in the complaint!) They wanted me to text them again on the text service, no phone number claiming they had call centres shut down. They are a communications company and they can't in 9 months sort this out so staff can work from home???

Anyhow its been 9 hrs and I am still waiting for them to contact me. Apparently they want to close the complaint. Does that surprise me? They will close it if I don't get back to them. This is painful. 

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Services Text Bot

@barrellmeister wrote:

I am interested to know if anyone has had success with the customer services text bot? I tried to get through to customer services a month back via all means including social media. I had some success with Facebook but none otherwise.

I eventually received a text after thinking I might get a call back. I had already provided the relevant problem information several times and thought it would be an easy one to fix. The text service looked good. I responded to it and thought maybe I might get a call back later in the day. No text, no call back. I had problems before so made a complaint. Now received a month later a letter through my post box telling me that they couldn't get hold of me (despite having at least 2 phone numbers and an email address with the account, and also same provided in the complaint!) They wanted me to text them again on the text service, no phone number claiming they had call centres shut down. They are a communications company and they can't in 9 months sort this out so staff can work from home???

Anyhow its been 9 hrs and I am still waiting for them to contact me. Apparently they want to close the complaint. Does that surprise me? They will close it if I don't get back to them. This is painful. 

No issues here the last time I tried (around 1 - 2 months ago).

I sent a text on a Saturday and they replied the next day.

I don't generally make 'complaints' as I think they are a waste of time and resource.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If I could get hold of someone to sort out the problems I would be very happy. Trouble is they have had 9 months to get things working since the first Lockdown and even now they blame Covid for me not being able to contact them. Virgin is expensive, unreliable and I can't get anyone to fix it. Added to this the reliability has got worse. Went down to 0.5mbs this morning download. I pay for 100mbs. I won't be renewing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@barrellmeister wrote:

If I could get hold of someone to sort out the problems I would be very happy. Trouble is they have had 9 months to get things working since the first Lockdown and even now they blame Covid for me not being able to contact them. Virgin is expensive, unreliable and I can't get anyone to fix it. Added to this the reliability has got worse. Went down to 0.5mbs this morning download. I pay for 100mbs. I won't be renewing. 

Create a thread here and maybe we can help?

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I tried contacting Technical Support via the text service two days ago after failing multiple times over the last few weeks to talk to anyone by phone on 150. Today after no response to my 3 texts on Tuesday, I tried again. I have still not received any response more than 10 hours later. If I don’t get a response by tomorrow I shall be attempting to contact them again by phone to cancel. I know we are in difficult times but this is still very poor service particularly when I do still receive numerous phone calls from Virgin sales team (at very inconvenient times) trying to sell me services I don’t need or want. 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What gets me even more is that there is a dedicated team to sales but customer services is shocking. To blame Covid now is a bit of a cop out. The company I work for were all office based. Within a couple of weeks all our staff could continue to work from home or using special measures.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well the bot finally sent me a text at 08:40 this morning asking me to text back if I still needed assistance. I responded yes and this prompted a message to please wait as I’ll now be directed to one of Virgin’s operators. It’s 11:54 and I’m still waiting. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I tried the text service on two phones and got to the "I've just transferred your query........reply yes to continue the transfer" on both.

That was on November 2nd and November 4th.

I haven't heard anything since on either. Some people do seem to get a reply so perhaps it's pot luck.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@barrellmeister wrote:

What gets me even more is that there is a dedicated team to sales but customer services is shocking. To blame Covid now is a bit of a cop out. The company I work for were all office based. Within a couple of weeks all our staff could continue to work from home or using special measures.

That isn't uncommon, sales departments create revenue, customer service is a financial burden, some companies take it more seriously than others but that is why you always queue to talk to customer service but if you are trying to spend money can normally get through immediately. It isn't right but it is unlikely to change.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well, after 4 hours an “operator” asked if I still wanted to discuss my BB issue. After confirming, I am transferred to a technical team member and can expect to wait up to 15 minutes. (That was 45 minutes ago and a standard message is displaying telling me 4 hrs is standard.)

0 Kudos