Menu
landcross
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Customer Resolution Team.. Does it exist

In late June I lost my internet three times over the week, each occasion was for several hours. There were two of us working from home so between us we lost 5 to 6 days earnings that week.
I made a complaint online ref com 104 112 544.
Several weeks later on 10 August I received a letter from the customer resolution team asking me to contact them by phoning 150.
It stated Virgin had tried to contact me by phone on my contact numbers Totally untrue. I had no missed calls.
As instructed on the letter I phone 150 but there is no suitable option on the menu. So I select payments hang on listening to music for 20 minutes before speaking to someone, who was unable to help me. However she said she would arrange for someone from the complaints team to phone me back.
What a customer system... I finish up more annoyed than before I called.
Four days later and still no one has phoned me.

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Resolution Team.. Does it exist

Hi landcross,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry you were affected by a loss of service which affected your ability to work. I can appreciate the frustration when you're trying to get your job done. 

As soon as we're aware of a fault, we'll do our best to resolve it as we know the affect it can have on people like yourself.

We would cover for loss of service for anything over 2 working days as per the automatic compensation scheme. Details on that can be found here.

Can I ask what it is you're looking for as a resolution to your complaint?

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
landcross
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Melissa, thanks four replying.
In total my daughter and I lost 5 to 6 days work-time in total for the three days the service was off. OK I don't expect you to cover our lost earnings which equated to hundred of pounds but at least a refund for that months rental.
When you are working from home due to Covid you depend on a reliable internet provider to function.
More annoying was that after logging a complaint ref com 104 112 544, it takes several weeks to get a reply letter and then when you do, you follow the instruction on the letter to call the phone number, but no one there can help you. All they can do is say they will arrange for someone to contact you to discuss it. At the time of writing this 5 days later, no one phoned from Virgin as promised.
It is Virgin's zero response after my problem that annoys me. I think we can all accept that equipment problems will sometimes occur.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to add... if you are using the net for your" business" and not just working from home (?), you would be better advised having a "Business Service contract" rather than your current "Residential Service contract". It comes with a Service Level Agreement - residential doesn't.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Melissa_F
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

I will speak to you via private message so I can take your details and have a look at the account.  

Melissa

0 Kudos