Menu
Kematt
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Credit refund

hi,

does anyone know how to get a refund? My account is in credit by over £500, been there since 2016! Only told about it last week. Asked for amount to be returned to me but no response. Spent 2 hours on LiveChat but still no money. They still managed to take more money from me on 22nd May though! Surely it’s my money & I’d like it back.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit refund

Hi Kematt, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry to hear you're waiting on a refund, we'd love to know more so we can help. 

Can you advise if this is a Virgin Media or Mobile account you're waiting for the refund from? 

Can I ask what the refund is for? Have you been over paying or topping up? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Kematt
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma 

it’s a Virgin Media problem. We were due a refund for overpayment since 2016. I didn’t realise it was still going on. The £500 + that was in credit in my account last week has mysteriously disappeared. I have cancelled my direct debit until I hear back. I’ve made two formal complaints but haven’t heard anything from either. As I said previously I spent 2 hrs on live chat on 20th May. They couldn’t authorise the refund so we’re going to get a Manager to contact me but nobody has.

Regards, Katherine 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

do not cancel the DD if you do not pay your bill it will become a debt. If hte amount is refunded it will be by cheque and will be removed from the account.

Any credit on the account could be used towards bills before a payment is taken again. How did you get £500 in credit if you are paying by DD
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you've havent been given the credit that you were promised Kematt.

I would like to look into this further but would need to confirm your account details via a private message, so that we can pass account security and investigate this further. 

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
Kematt
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven

strange thing is I’ve done that twice already, given all the details, then nobody gets back to me.

cheers, Katherine 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can assure Katherine that I will look into your issue, if you respond to the private message that I have sent over. Please respond and we can get this looked into.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos