Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contract cancellation fees but I was out of contract?!

Hi

i have just terminated my virgin media broadband and was out of contract. However I have just received my final bill with two lots of charges totalling 28 quid. One for phone cancellation and the other for internet cancellation.

I did not have any other virginmedia products.

can anyone please advise?? Very unfair to be charged for leaving when I am out of contract. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contract cancellation fees but I was out of contract?!

did you give 30 days notice

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ah no. Now I feel dumb! The operator never mentioned this however, in fact she mentioned something about a cheque being sent in the post with my final bill...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi smithy,

this is how the cancellation works. I'm afraid she could have explained it better.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos