Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Virgin

Can anyone advise how i can actually get to speak to somebody at Virgin Media please

I know Covid is an issue with companies closing call centres but as a Media company surely they would have set up all their employees to work from home to ensure they maintain customer service

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting Virgin

you can contact them using the usual CS telephone number.
calls are being answered.

however, considering Virgin primarily use Indian call centres, it would be impossible to have those people working from home - the infrastructure is simply not there.

they have diverted some calls to other call centres and there are still UK offices open.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but after holding for 90 mins yesterday with no answer, i don't have the time to waste trying to call them.

Maybe it is a case of taking more care to get new customers and offer better deals than they offer to loyal customers!

Only one way that marketing ends!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

even before covid, 90 minute wait times weren't out of the ordinary.
there's that word again that people use when trying to argue a point "loyalty" - utter baloney.

for what purpose are you needing to speak to virgin. it's possible the issue can be resolve here, but unless you tell us we'll never know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

ok so you can sort this then please

A colleague has just moved from Sky to Virgin, identical package to myself, plus a 32 inch tv and an extra Tivo Box for £50 per month cheaper over the contract of 18 months!

£900 so now you know why i want to talk to somebody even if it is just to cancel my contract!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

they were a new customer so they got a new customer deal.
you are not a new customer.

once their minimum terms ends they will revert to the normal advertised price.

so if you trying to contact virign to get that same deal then you will not get that.
you might be able to re-negotiate a cheaper price but it won't be that of a new customer.

if you want to cancel then you either need to call CS and go thru to the cancellations dept, or write to them at the address as per the Ts&Cs of your contract.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

I wasn't trying to get that deal, i just wanted ot know why existing customers are not treated with any respect

As i don't have the time to wait on the telephone, Could you confirm the address i need to write to, as i cannot find it on the website

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is a supremely unhelpful and dismissive response.

There are genuine frustrations with the level of support Virgin are currently offering which is non-existent for many. Holding for for 90 mins+ with absolutely no assurance of being answered or indeed not getting disconnected it simply not tenable. I suspect a number of people are relying on Virgin to provide internet access when working from home and a lack of access to that could cost them money they can't afford to lose.

The level of support currently being offered is absolutely appalling.

Suggesting people simply ask on a forum is - to borrow a phrase - utter baloney. Many people don't have the technical knowledge to fix problems without having someone walk them through the process and I would suggest part of the contract signed by both parties allows for access to technical help.

A little less apologist and bit more understanding wouldn't go amiss.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tilt,

I've seen your other posts, each one deriding the telephone service from VM, along with text options. That's understandable, but it doesn't help resolve the issue that you are trying to contact VM about.

Why don't you post what the ongoing problem is about then the Community Forums may be able to help you?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos