Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Virgin Media

Hi,

Anybody got any ideas for how to speak to somebody at VM.

I’ve been without home phone for three days now. Handset says ‘Faulty Phone Line’. I’ve tried another phone with the same result.

Tried the remote service check but after a few minutes it said it couldn’t be completed. Phoned the service centre , they ran some checks ... got ‘Sorry our checks are taking longer than usual ‘ over and over. Eventually transferred to a phone line. Probably been hanging on with no response for a total of three hours. 

Interestingly, tried the ‘Buy some additional service’ choice a few minutes ago. Answered within thirty seconds.

Appaling service.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Brian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting Virgin Media

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061(this is an automated line - no waiting) - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers or a single one if that's you.

If nothing shows on there, do try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) use a mobile to call the 0345 number - it will be included in any free minutes bundle you have - and see what they say when they test your connection.

Note that the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek. You just need to be patient in these times

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a few days up to a week.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

THREE hours? 

rookie.gif

You're unlikely to get anything without a 5+ hour wait and a great deal of luck. Don't bother with the text option per the other reply. Nobody bothers contacting you via that either.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Tilt wrote:

You're unlikely to get anything without a 5+ hour wait and a great deal of luck. Don't bother with the text option per the other reply. Nobody bothers contacting you via that either.

I tried using the text service recently as I'd not previously had any personal experience of using it. An initial bot answer, and you get "transferred" to a human a day or so later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm a week in with no contact on one phone and 5 days on another....

vm-useless.png

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos