Menu
justnosleep
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Virgin Media

Hi,

Im want to get in touch with Virgin Media as I have a query about one of my access points.

I was trying to find the chat/messenger service from the virgin media front page but cant find it?

Can anyone tell me where on the site I access this to ask a question.  Sorry if this seems a really obvious question but I just cant see it!

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting Virgin Media

you would be better trying here, as you are unlikely to get any level of tech support from the online chat.
what is the issue you have?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

justnosleep
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have a second access point upstairs that id had a long while ago that i wasn't using. I was looking to move my Superhub 3 upstairs.  I've connected it to the access point but cant get a broadband signal, so i was wanting to ask Virgin if they could check to see if the connection was still live

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

what do you mean by "access point"? do you mean a physical virgin connection point?
when you connected it up, powered on the hub, what lights are on/flashing?

use this as a guide - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

justnosleep
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There is a green wifi light and bottom light flashing green.  The guide suggested a loose connection but everything seems screwed in, so maybe the connection point is not active.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the Hub works ok on one connection point and not the other it may well be inactive. Have you checked its "wiring". How does it connect to the external brown omnibox on your external wall (where the other point VM point wire is connected to).

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 or (any other phone) Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take a bit longer

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
justnosleep
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all for your help and advice

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi justnosleep, thanks for posting.

I would like to take a look into the issue with the signal to your upstairs access point.  To enable me to do so, I am going send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos