Menu
Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Community Private Messenger update - 16th June 2020

Hi,

I just wanted to draw your attention to an update we're doing next week that will introduce a new experience for the Community's private messaging feature.

We've created a blog post to highlight the changes: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/Introducing-a-new-Community-private-messaging-expe...

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Community Private Messenger update - 16th June 2020

Good Morning Kev,

Please beware there are some problems with the functionality on Safari for MacOS. Replying (pop up) doesn't send and quick replies do not display the send button.

Works in other browsers.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@VM-Jon 

Thanks for letting me know - would you mind sending me a screenshot of what you're seeing please? The new PM feature was tested in Safari on MacOS and no apparent problems came up, I've just tested again and everything seems to be working as intended.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Shelke
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Could you introduce a new feature that most messaging apps have, that is: if someone is on your contact list, their name shows in the recipient field if you partially type it out?