Virgin should ask chat GPT4 how to fix their Internet 

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jonwren wrote:

Virgin should ask chat GPT4 how to fix their Internet 

Here is a likely answer for you, sourced from an online search engine:

No one person, company, organization or government runs the Internet. It is a globally distributed network comprising many voluntarily interconnected autonomous networks.

So as the internet doesn't belong to Virginmedia it isn't theirs to fix.  Having said that I'm not aware that the internet is currently broken.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

But the service they provide should be fixed as a company and it’s policy 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@jonwren wrote:

If you have a problem with your own VM services, post a new topic in one of the relevant forums and you are likely to get some help towards resolving it.

@jonwren wrote:

No issues here!

Am based in South London Lambeth area, since they installed 5 weeks ago, it’s been daily drop outs up to 11 times per day, had a engineer out said it’s fixed, 2hrs later dropped again and again, was told via the phone Virgin tech support team to ask the community how to repair the problem, so I’ve paid for a service Karen the McDonald’s cleaner (no offence) is more qualified to fix the problem than the maintenance and tech team, by telling me to turn off and on the router, hence why I said maybe Virgin should ask Chat GPT4 on how to repair their service 

Have you tried switching the router off then on again?  Might sound stupid, but its worked for me. 

There's been a lot of solar activity (northern lights being visible in Cornwall/Northern France/Florida, which is unusual) over the past couple of months and this has caused computer clocks to run slowly (in my case 30 seconds slower)  due to electrical grid/radio interference. 

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π

Well, ChatGPT replies

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you're experiencing with your Virgin service in the Lambeth area. As an AI language model, I can certainly try to help troubleshoot the problem with you, but please keep in mind that I cannot directly interact with your equipment or the Virgin network. I can provide some general troubleshooting steps that might help resolve common internet connectivity issues.

Restart your router: While it may sound simple, power cycling your router can often resolve temporary glitches. Try turning it off, waiting for about 30 seconds, and then turning it back on.

Check all cable connections: Ensure that all cables connected to your router and modem are securely plugged in. Sometimes, a loose cable can cause intermittent connection problems.

Connect directly to the router: If you're using a Wi-Fi connection, try connecting your device directly to the router using an Ethernet cable. This will help determine if the issue is related to Wi-Fi interference or the actual internet connection.

Test on multiple devices: Check if the dropouts are happening on all devices or just one. If it's isolated to a single device, there may be an issue with that device's network settings.

Scan for interference: Other electronic devices or neighbouring Wi-Fi networks can sometimes interfere with your signal. Move your router away from potential sources of interference like cordless phones, baby monitors, or other routers, and see if that improves the stability.

Contact Virgin again: If the issue persists after trying these steps, it's important to reach out to Virgin's technical support team again. Provide them with a detailed description of the ongoing problem, along with the troubleshooting steps you've already taken.

Remember, I am an AI language model and cannot directly fix or diagnose technical issues. If the problem persists, it's best to rely on the expertise of Virgin's technical support team to address and resolve the specific problem you're facing.