Menu
Suzanne11
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Channel 505

Anybody else having problems with channel 505 , showing the masters but keeps breaking up

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel 505

Works for me. Try switching off your box, ensure that the cable connections are tight, and switch back on.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Suzanne11
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Channel 505

Tried turning off box , checked cables they are fine , also all the other sports channel are ok . Just CHANNEL 505

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Suzanne11,

Sorry to see you are still having trouble watching the Masters despite checking the cables and rebooting.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. This sometimes results in VM sending out a new box or engineer.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

VM group their channels in mux's (clusters) - can you check the channels in the screenshot below. If they are also pixilated / breaking up then you have a signal problem and will need to contact VM Faults on  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (TV Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise if you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Suzanne11 wrote:

Tried turning off box , checked cables they are fine , also all the other sports channel are ok . Just CHANNEL 505

Been on 505 for sometime - its all fine here - so it an issue on your connection

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos