Menu
andrey969
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling virgin broadband for someone else

I am a lead tenant in a house. I was paying for Virgin services for years, but now I am about to move out and would like to cancel Virgin's broadband service before I move out. I won't be paying anymore for service which I won't be using. Originally Virgin's broadband was set up many years ago by the person who doesn't live here anymore. I contacted account owner, but he is not willing to contact you and cancel Virgin's broadband himself, he doesn't care about his credit history and not willing to help. How could you help me to sort this out?

Thanks you in advance.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelling virgin broadband for someone else

It's very simple really. Stop paying and walk away. You aren't the account holder. VM don't care who is paying. Someone else is the account holder . Let VM chase them.  Seriously that is all you have to do. 

VM will stop the services in due course once the payments stop.

As you probably want to be a nice person you could write to VM here:

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

and tell them what is happening.

Don't try and phone. VM won't discuss anything with you as you are not the account holder.

As for not caring about a credit record. Just wait and see what happens to your former house mate when they apply for credit and a default is seen on file. It will be an unpleasant surprise. And the debt collectors will catch up with them eventually. More unpleasant surprises.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks