Menu
Duke1944
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

i sent a recorded delivery letter on 24/8/2020 cancelling my subscriptions giving 31 days notice. This was sent to a PO box in Swansea. I still have had no reply or contact from Virgin Media. Will they just cut of the service on that date, or are they obliged to contact me confirming this? 

I

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

The Swansea site was closed years ago.  There may be a mail redirect still operating, in which case the company will probably only get your letter around now, because the site dealing with postal cancellations has changed (details here).

To be sure you could try again using the Nottingham address (and recorded delivery), but comment in the forums suggests that getting confirmation is a bit hit and miss.  Don't whatever you do cancel the direct debit, even if VM mess up the cancellation, because a failed direct debit request will spoil your credit history for years to come.  Better to hope they get it right, and if need be dispute any charges after the event through the complaints process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Good Morning @Duke1944 

Thank you for your post. 

I am able to take a look and see if we have received this. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some account information, 

Kind regards 

Zak_M

0 Kudos