cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation merry-go-round

WrigleyDean
Joining in

In May I informed VM I was moving home via the bot. It sent me to a different queue and I heard no more about it.  Seeing as I had heard nothing from VM about my move I decided to simply cancel my services and contract instead.  

I have tried using the bot route but that took me nowhere for hours.  Asking me the same questions over and over again.

I have still not managed to cancel my VM account so I am still paying for a service I am no longer receiving because I moved into my new home in June.

I really don't have time to spend hours on the phone getting nowhere. 

This is a truly appalling service.   If I simply cancel my direct debit with them I'll get a bad credit rating!

Is there any chance I can speak with a real human to get this sorted?

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The most reliable method is write to the official address {it's in your contract) by recorded delivery, giving 30 days notice. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi WrigleyDean 

I hope you've settled into your new home.

Regarding cancelling, are still within a minimum contract term? 

If so there may be early termination fees  See < here > 

If you moved to an area outside of the Virgin Media network, and that property is not connected to the VMO2's broadband network  (they don't supply the service in that area) then you should be able to follow VM's process which was introduced in <<< February 2022 >>> and provide evidence of your new address to have any ETFs removed. If this is the case then you cancel by contacting the Home Movers team.

You could try the live messenger chat to speak to cancellations

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Also, as indicated on that page, you can use good old snail mail to cancel.

Write to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA, including your name, address and account number. Send it by registered (signed for) post.

The quickest contact method though is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours- phone calls take priority

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali