Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cancel phone landline

Hi,  i have a TV, broadband, telephone, package, how can I cancel my landlines which I never use to save paying for line rental, 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel phone landline

Hi phone and ask for it to be terminated. Regards Micky
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crooner

You would need to look and see whats left on your contract as they will charge you to disconnect and it my cost you more, but you can contact them though chat as well and they will help you.

Hope this helps

Andy
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@crooner wrote:

Hi,  i have a TV, broadband, telephone, package, how can I cancel my landlines which I never use to save paying for line rental, 

as said you can ring them or write but its not quite what you think - the line rental is a figure that is transient - it might show on your bill as £19.99 or whatever - new accounts with a phone see a total cost but removing the phone will not reduce your bill by £19.99 - yes you will not pay line rental but other parts of your bill will increase as the phone rental cost is all but absorbed by package discounts - so remove it and those discounts reduce or disappear  - in fact you bill might increase

but its worth the call and seeing what they so but dont expect much and as said if you are in contract they will charge you early disconnection fees even though your bill may not reduce

Tony
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

even if I don't see much of a saving, I'm getting to a stage that it still would be worth cancelling it to stop all these scam / cold calls, thanks for all the replies, 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you could just simply unplug the phone - problem solved.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you can go on line and register with the TPS its there to stop those sort of calls, we have our home phone and all the mobiles on there and the company calling have to give you there details and you can report them to the TPS.

Hope this helps

Andy
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Sambathedog2020 wrote:
you can go on line and register with the TPS its there to stop those sort of calls, we have our home phone and all the mobiles on there and the company calling have to give you there details and you can report them to the TPS.

Hope this helps

Andy

The TPS is only there to opt out of marketing calls from legitimate UK based companies with whom you don't have an existing relationship. Nor will they will accept reports of calls out with their remit.

They will not and cannot stop you receiving calls from the fraudulent miscreants out there whose entire rational is to scam guliable people out of their cash.

A call monitoring phone can help but at suggested the ultimate is to unplug the phone if it is never used for legitimate calls.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I registered with The TPS ages ago doesn't help with the calls I've been getting, I'll just unplug the phone, 

Cheers everyone, 

0 Kudos