Menu
hossein
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't contact VM from abroad

I am trying to contact VM from Asia to pay my outstanding balance and terminate my contract however the 0345 number does not appear to accept international calls, the web chat doesn't appear to be active anymore and there is no email address to contact them. Can anyone help? 

Annoyingly it seems Ireland gets an international contact number for people abroad and a whatsapp number but not for people in the UK 😞 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't contact VM from abroad

Cancellation cannot normally be done via the forum except in exceptional circumstances.  Standard way is in writing.

Address is

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,

Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham,

Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG.

Include dates, name address and all account details.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
hossein
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John! I am currently in a COVID19 quarantine centre in Asia and cannot leave (and also have no idea how to use the local postal service). Does that count as exceptional circumstances? My account number is [REMOVED], if someone could call the number linked to that account I could sort it out over the phone. I actually called just before I left but the cancellation team weren't in, I could only upgrade 😞 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What happens when you try calling on +44 345 4541111?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hossein
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The number doesn't seem to exist. Based on my google search some numbers that have no locality attached to them are not available in all countries. If anyone else finds this I have found a way around it by downloading the skype app and buying credit on there instead.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Write the cancellation letter with all the details and then email/fax it to a contact in the UK for them to print out and post to the address.

Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think 0345 like 0800 numbers are processed locally and redirected to where the customer has requested. So say a company sets up from London they are redirected to Birmingham centre and from Glasgow to Perth centre for example. So trying to call these types of numbers internationally presents problems because there is no redirects in force. You can get, if pay for, international 0800 numbers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2