cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Update Telephone Number in My Account Details

ianspin
Joining in

Hi, like so many others it seems I can't update my new telephone number in the Account Details area of My Virgin Media, whenever I try I simply get 'Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again', does anyone have an answer to this please? TIA ianspin

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ianspin 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you've not been able to update your number on your online account. 

Do you get the same error when attempting to change the number on both the app and the website? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi, yes I do unfortunately, I deliberately downloaded the app onto my phone just to try and sure enough, the same result. As to the website, I've tried with Edge and Chrome and clearing my cache too in both instances before again re-trying...and still the same result that it won't accept the change to the new telephone number and just gives the same 'Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again'. I got to the end of my tether so thought I'd put my own question/request for help into this forum.

Ah okay, thanks for trying. 

We can update this for you at our side. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @ianspin 

Glad we were able to get this sorted for you today. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi .. I just noticed this thread ... well you are not the only one ... on my Virgin media I have been trying to tell them my new mobile number ....FOR YEARS ... system accepts the new number ... and after a few moments .. yup it goes back to the old number ..!!! .. I have given up ... I do not attend to stay with VM which is the saving grace ... but how can VM contact me ... they will not see my new number  ... or will they !! ... last time someone at CServices looked into this and sort it .. they wanted some banking detail from me as verification !! ... what ..so a drew a red line under trying to change and be helpful ... good luck 😉