Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Call waiting times

Is there any time of the week that has low waiting times? Fed up calling and having to waste near an hour of my life before I speak to an actual human. Covid a convenient excuse for poor service. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call waiting times

Hello

Best times to call are between 8am and 9am as the lines have just opened there is also a text messaging service on 07533051809 but the wait times  on that can be upto 3 days.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Anecdotal evidence on the forum suggests calling at 8am on a weekday is best.

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

As I understand it the initial response on the text service is from a bot, but after a few responses you should end up speaking to a person if that is required.  It saves you hanging on the phone, but I have seen a few posts that say you need to respond to the texts quickly to keep the case active.

There are also humans that work for VM on these forums, but again it can take a few days to get a response.

The VM customer experience via the call centres has always been ropey IMHO even before the pandemic.  The difference now is that less staff has exacerbated the problem.  At least you have this forum to try to get help, which is not something all companies provide.

If you are not happy then I'd suggest you consider look for a new provider, I know I would if I was unhappy.  I have heard that Pepsico and Tesco are currently providing very good customer support, but don't do TV or broadband unfortunately.😋  Zen Internet seems to be held in high regard:
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/10/pc-pro-award-zen-and-tesco-best-for-uk-broadband-and-m...

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bdmbdm

The best way i find is to use the Virgin media app you tell them whats up and they will contact you back with in 24 at most times.

Hope this Helps.
0 Kudos