Menu
NDC1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Call center hassle

call center hassle, call center called today and kept pushing an upgrade on all of my package but I would have to take an O2 card for my phone and I would need to upgrade my package to get a router to replace my present one that needs reset several times a day. (call center no. 0800 183 6408)

NDC1

0 Kudos
goslow
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call center hassle

Do you have a specific question or query? Are you complaining about unwanted calls from VM or a faulty router or both?

VM forum team staff don't often reply here in this 'Community Natter' forum.

0 Kudos
NDC1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am complaining about both. When I mentioned to the person from the call center that I had problems with my router I was given the impression that if I signed up to the new package the he was talking about every thing would be sorted out, but as I think he said I wouldn`t get a new router unless I took the package.

NDC1

0 Kudos
goslow
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@NDC1 wrote:

Yes I am complaining about both. When I mentioned to the person from the call center that I had problems with my router I was given the impression that if I signed up to the new package the he was talking about every thing would be sorted out, but as I think he said I wouldn`t get a new router unless I took the package.

NDC1

There are regular topics on the forums which mention VM call centre staff trying to upsell packages with greater speed as a means of solving technical problems with a customer's connection. On many of these topics, the solution to the problem actually turns out to be issues with signal levels to the hub or local wifi issues or poor wifi from the hub.

I would suggest that you do not make any package upgrades or changes. Instead, post a new topic in 'Networking and Wifi' forum and explain in detail what the technical problems are that you have been experiencing. You will get some help from the tech experts on that particular forum and VM staff do frequent that forum and will reply and comment. You will probably be asked to post some signal levels from the hub and set up a monitoring process on your connection to check for problems.

VM won't automatically hand out a new hub for a technical problem. You might possibly get a replacement for an old Superhub model but you will need to go through some diagnosis first. If the diagnosis shows you do actually have a hub fault then that should be replaced FOC and with no package upgrade required.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @NDC1 

I completely agree with @goslow 

The caller from the outbound sales team probably hasn't even got any knowledge or training in how to fix issues.

It sounds like the caller was blackmailing you into taking the new package to fix the issues.

The callers job is just to sell an upgrade.

The internet issues may be caused by your hub, but very unlikely. It's probably due to cabling or signals so an 'upgrade' to a new package (probably higher speeds a new hub) probably won't fix your issues.

Create a post in the /Networking-and-WiFi Forum  with brief details of your internet issues.

I've enclosed the details of what to post in the spoiler below

Spoiler

The learned members in the broadband forum will be able to check what the problem is and offer assistance. They are lot better at finding and solving problems that VM CS on the phones.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status” page copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

You will probably encounter an error when posting the network Logs - just ignore it and press Post again and it will go through.

You could also set up a BQM monitor  at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules