Menu
JoeC81
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Call after cancellation

I cancelled Virgin Media on Thursday to cancel my package. Today i got a call from someone at Virgin, offering me s new deal to stay. They dropped the price, doubled the broadband speed and offered a free mobile sim.

I decided to think about it and call them back. I took the deal and when i rang back they said they would reactivate the account and amended it to the new deal. I asked for confirmation by email and they ssid no problem.

Ive not heard anything since and nothing is updated online. Maybe im being paranoid but im starting to think that they might not have been from Virgin. They gave me a mobile to call back on (not so unusual so the moment, working from home). I didn't  offer any personnal details, (they knew my details)

Does Virgin actively try and win back people who have cancelled

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call after cancellation

you are paranoid.
VM do call alot of people but its normally a one time offer. you don't normally get the same offer if you call back
0 Kudos
JoeC81
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I said id think about it and asked if they could call back tomorrow. They said fine, or call me back on a mobile number.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi its quite rare for virgin to call anyone back, having seen a lot if posts related to offers if not taken at the time they don't seem to be repeated later. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there JoeC81,

I understand your concerns in case the person you spoke to wasn't an employee from Virgin Media. I've had a look at your account and can see some activity on there. Can you tell us when you spoke to them?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos