cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable removal

DGrant
Joining in

Hello

We have some old TV cables crossing our property and one coming down from the eaves to an old white box terminal (long removed).

How can I get these straggling inactive cables removed from the house?

TIA

DG

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will only generally remove cables that are causing a health & safety risk - do you have any pictures of these cables?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

wire cutters and put it all in a skip/bin is the good answer - no danger its data no voltage

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dgrant, thank you for posting on our help forums and for your first posts on our community page.

Welcome on board! 🙂

From what you have you've posted above, we'd think you're not an active VM customer currently - can you confirm if you had an account and service with us in the past or did you find all this in the property when moved in?

Regarding any VM equipment installed in and around the house previously we can advise the below:

You can unscrew any internal wiring (white) and remove, if you believe this is not possible to do by yourself let us know and we'll look into how we can assist.

The Omni box both inside and outside of the home will need to remain, but you can unscrew and remove the cabling attached, ensuring the cable ends do not stay exposed.
If you have other equipment, such as a router or TV box, you would need to contact the team at 0345 454 1111 in order for us to arrange for returns equipment to be sent to you. 

Please, do let us know if this helps and if you need more support or advice. 

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Adri_G wrote:

Hi Dgrant, thank you for posting on our help forums and for your first posts on our community page.

Welcome on board! 🙂

From what you have you've posted above, we'd think you're not an active VM customer currently - can you confirm if you had an account and service with us in the past or did you find all this in the property when moved in?

Regarding any VM equipment installed in and around the house previously we can advise the below:

You can unscrew any internal wiring (white) and remove, if you believe this is not possible to do by yourself let us know and we'll look into how we can assist.

The Omni box both inside and outside of the home will need to remain, but you can unscrew and remove the cabling attached, ensuring the cable ends do not stay exposed.
If you have other equipment, such as a router or TV box, you would need to contact the team at 0345 454 1111 in order for us to arrange for returns equipment to be sent to you. 

Please, do let us know if this helps and if you need more support or advice. 

rubbish - VM cannot make statements like that - if you want to remove cables and the external omnibox then so so up to your boundary wall - if VM dont like that then tough - you have given them the chance to do it correctly and they are [as ever] not interested

as to the internal omnibox the staff member mentions - i have no idea what they refer to and regarding cable ends not being exposed - thats for VM to sort if they deem it important - just cut any cables and forget about it

Tony.
Sacked VIP