cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable removal

John118
Joining in

Hi, 

I moved into a house with existing cables and boxes from virgin.

Can I just remove these and bury the cable in the front garden? 

Many thanks,

John

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Yup. It's your property. VM won't bother doing it for you. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Screenshot_20230512_112322_WhatsApp.jpg

 cheers, I've just had this back on their WhatsApp chat, so can confirm you are correct

At least you managed to get in touch with them I have been trying for days, same problem wire hanging out in front garden a dish that’s extremely low and an old box I just want it removed and cannot contact anyone in virgin media if it’s safe to remove ourselves I would!! 

@Angrycustomer12 wrote:

At least you managed to get in touch with them I have been trying for days, same problem wire hanging out in front garden a dish that’s extremely low and an old box I just want it removed and cannot contact anyone in virgin media if it’s safe to remove ourselves I would!! 

You should post your own query in one of the technical forums (such as 'Quick Start') where VM forum staff reply more regularly. You may want to include some photos of the problem boxes/cables. If your 'dish' is a satellite dish, that would not be VM equipment.

VM may offer to pass on your query to a local VM 'area manager' for action but the majority of replies posted on here are that VM won't remove old cables. The occasional exception to this is where the equipment is an obvious H&S risk.

Here's a topic from last week by way of an example

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Brown-external-box-and-cable-removal/m-p/...

If you ask VM first of all, on here, you will at least have a confirmation that you can DIY any removal.

Hi Angrycustomer12,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear there's an issue with the cabling on the property, so I can help I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm