cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable removal

Bnnyhury
Joining in

Hi, iv recently moved into a property that had VM. There is a 1.5 meter cable in the middle of the loving room wall (presumably where the old tenants had their tv). I need it removing for obvious reasons (I'm not putting a TV on the wall). I called VM and after being passed around for 45min I spoke to someone who said because I'm not the account holder they can't do anything. Bearing in mind the old tenant has cancelled their VM and no longer lives here. I also asked to speak to a manager and they refused to put me on to them. Pretty rubbish customer service 😑

So my question is how can I get the cable removed without doing it myself (I'm very happy to just cut it and pull it through- something the guy on the phone said i could do whatever I wanted with) however iv seen a lot of mixed messages on the forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As far as internal cables are concerned, you can disconnect them from the outside box & remove them yourself. The outside cabling however will only be removed by VM if it causes a health & safety issue.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks