Menu
LF6
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cable reels donated to schools

hi I’m  a Year 1 teacher at a school. We are currently working on our outdoor learning area and were wondering if you could spare some empty cable reels as a donation. We would use the cable reels to make tables and stools for the children and create writing areas. We could also use them to make ‘small world’ areas, such as turn them in to toadstools for a fairyland small world fantasy land. Please could you let me know of an email or number I could contact to see if this donation is possible. Thank you 

chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable reels donated to schools

cabling is mostly done by sub-contractors, so there would be no-one here that would have anything like that.
i would think it's unlikely they would donate though, most will be recycled, and health and safety concerns would be too much of a risk.

LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi to add to chenks post the cables that virgin use is special and very expensive. so it highly unlikely to be given away even in a good cause.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

they do not want the cable. just the reels they are on

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks you quite right should have read it more carefully
0 Kudos
MartinLeo
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the cables used by virgin are high quality and very expensive. So most Probably they won't give for free. But still as you want to use in school, You can try asking if they might get interest in donation for this cables in school.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@MartinLeo wrote:

Hi, the cables used by virgin are high quality and very expensive. So most Probably they won't give for free. But still as you want to use in school, You can try asking if they might get interest in donation for this cables in school.

oh come on!. read the bloody thread!

0 Kudos