Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable over my property

Hi can anyone help..cable due to start been installed on our street soon. They have been and marked up on the roads. It seems they are laying cable over my drive with next doors termination point on my drive! I have sent an email but no reply as of yet car is currently parked on the drive where they are wanting to place it so don't think they will be able to access at the moment anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable over my property

You'd think that was a fairly straightforward question, right?

Not so much.

VM will go by plans provided by land registry or local council. There is land that lives not on your property, and not on the public highway. Its referred to as an access strip.

VM are legally entitled to install in the access strip, but not on private land. They WILL stick to that, assuming the plans are correct.

SO you need to determine who the land belongs to, to ascertain if they are entitled to install

Thats assuming you are the landowner and way leave is in place.

So basically , time for some decent legal advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply.i have checked our deeds and the local sewage search and clearly shows that it is our land. The footpath stops outside our house and ours and everybody else's driveway extends straight out to the road

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It sounds pretty straightforward, if the drives all yours on the deed, and no access strip is in place,  its private land, and no install should take place without your permission.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you post some photos of the markings and the pavement Tee?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos