Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cable my street - Derbyshire

Hi all, newbie here.

Way back in 2016 our local village was selected to have Fibre to the premises (FTTP) under the Project Lightning / Cable my street initiative.

Then came the usual disruption of pavements being dug up and little boxes installed on the pavement outside each house - all good news I thought.

However 3 years on from the completion (and presumably Virgin having received the money from the local councils and Govt...) we still can't get Virgin Media according to their website.

500 yds up the road can get it and 500 yds down the road can get it - it seems very strange that in spite of the boxes being in the road, the service is currently unavailable with no dates given as to when it might be - especially bearing in mind a large amount of money was given to VM to do the work.... has anyone any contacts or further information as to how I can find out more about what has happened...?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable my street - Derbyshire

Hi there

Let me take a look for you.

I'll send a private message so I can take some personal information

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable my street - Derbyshire

Hello Christy.... the road is the main A6 from Derby to Matlock and the postcodes in question are :-

DE56 4FQ (not available) 

DE22 2DJ (Available)

DE56 4BT (Available)

DE56 4GD (available)

Regards

Stu

0 Kudos