Menu
deserteye
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable installation

Hi all, I kindly request for your advice.

I recently ordered broadband, tv, phone and VM have now fitted the cable entry point on the wall outside the house, I now await the installation.

Will the installation engineer be able to run cables underneath the paving slabs from the brown cable box to the lounge that is on the left? Please see attached photo.VM cable location.jpg

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable installation

As far as I understand they won't lift existing paving stones or other hard surfaces.  So I expect they will either route the cable around the door frame, either externally or internally to the lounge.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

deserteye
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.

Rather than uplifting the paving are they not able to dig a small cable tunnel or insert a pvc pipe underneath the paving?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looking again at the photo you have uploaded, have they not already drilled through the wall to install an internal connection box opposite the outside brown box?

Perhaps you should have asked them to lay the external cable along the left side of the path rather than the right hand side.  I appreciate that they do not always engage well with the client before doing these installations.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
deserteye
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No they did not drill through the wall to install an internal connection box opposite the outside brown box.

l will contact them to ask if they can come for pre installation survey if they offer this. l keep you updated.

If you come across any information related to the issue please let me know, l will greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@deserteye wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

Rather than uplifting the paving are they not able to dig a small cable tunnel or insert a pvc pipe underneath the paving?

they would have to lift the paving to do that, and they won't lift paving.

you could lift it yourself though and run a conduit for the cable to be pulled thru.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray