Menu
niinaposkiparta
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable in front garden

Hi, Just had virgin internet set up a few weeks ago and was quite shocked to discover them simply drilling a hole in the wall and running a cable through my upstairs neighbours front garden and round the bushes. It isn't secure, isn't professional and is not what I was expecting. I thought it would be underground in some way. The brown box was not fitted tightly to the outside wall and comes loose at the slightest nudge. Any animal could start chewing on the wires quite easily (the green piping covering the wires is nowhere near secure - I had pet rats and this is what I used for them!). A bit of wind and rain will easily cause issues I'm sure. Is this it?! As it looks temporary... Also as it isn't my front garden they have fed this through my neighbour could easily complain as it looks really messy. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable in front garden

Take some photos and then post them up here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Niinaposkiparta, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the way the install has been done recently, I can appreciate you're keen to raise your concerns. 

As advised can you post some pictures so we can have a closer look at what has been done? 

In the meantime if you do remain unhappy with the install then please check out our complaints code of practice here

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Emma_C wrote:

Hi Niinaposkiparta, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the way the install has been done recently, I can appreciate you're keen to raise your concerns. 

As advised can you post some pictures so we can have a closer look at what has been done? 

In the meantime if you do remain unhappy with the install then please check out our complaints code of practice here

surely the key phrase here is the cable is run through someone elses garden to feed the user - there is mention of an upstairs neighbour which might have been missed by the install team as to who owned what land but if what is said is correct then has wayleave been obtained - if not then photos - whist useful - are not the issue - trespass is

Tony
0 Kudos
niinaposkiparta
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please see images as requested...

FC43AD38-6ABC-41F2-896F-12907A4F8D6D.jpeg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi niinaposkiparta, 

Thank you for the picture. 

Again apologies for the messy cabling. I would love to help you get this sorted and have sent you a private message to discuss this further, please reply when you can 🙂 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos