cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNN no longer available after August 31st

ModTeam

Hello, 

Due to WarnerMedia’s plans to move to a subscription model for the CNN news channel, it will no longer be available on Virgin TV after 31 August. Customers can still watch and catch up on the latest news on major news channels such as BBC News, Sky News, Bloomberg and many others.

For more information on this channel closure, please click here.

Edit - Original thread moved to Chatter board

Many thanks, 

Community Mods

566 REPLIES 566

Kelly33
Joining in

Is cnn being removed 

Yes they are charging too much now.

Even online they want Cash for the UK feed, now

I just saw a small note on the bottom of my tv screen early this morning that, as of August 31, CNN will no longer be available on Virgin   I depend on CNN.   Is it available if we pay extra for it?    This is really frightening that they can suddenly remove such a vital resource for news and comment.   

Just noticed that too and have been trying to find out what’s going on. 
If this is no longer available, I will be cancelling my contract, as this is the channel I watch most. 
Can anyone clarify what us going on?

How can they just cancel such a vital resource?    I really depend on CNN.   This is terrifying with all that's happening in the world, that we won't have access to information and commentary.     IS there a way to still get it as a paid channel on CNN?    Are they offering that option?   I can't find anything about it.  

What other locally available (UK)  cable companies offer CNN?    

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just checked cnn is still broadcasting in London 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

They just announced on my London tv screen this morning (Wednesday, 25th August 2021) they're stopping CNN on 31st August.  First I'd heard anything about it.   Apparently, it will NOT be available in London to Virgin Subscribers as of that date.    That's why I'm asking if we can still access it as an extra paid service.   

They announced it in tiny little letters in the bottom of the screen around 6am.   If I hadn't had the tv on and glanced directly at the screen, I would not have known about it.    Virgin has not contacted me in any other way about this.