Menu
C-021120330
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

CAN YOU HELP..Trying to contact customer services from France ain't easy!

This is a tale that seems to have no ending....

I started a new contract in  September 2020, but the contract sent to me had the wrong pricing. An immediate  telephone call led to confirmation that the contract was wrong and I was right. In the following twelve months I was billed incorrectly on 9/12 occasions.

In March 2020 I got stuck in France as a result of COVID lockdowns, and have been stuck here ever since. There are worse fates...Because of the incorrect billing I eventually made a formal complaint - and got a nice letter back in July saying sorry we were wrong and we will credit your account accordingly.

Unfortunately it was sent to my home address , not e-mailed to me as i had requested, so I did not receive it until it came with a parcel of mail at Xmas.

However I did receive an e-mail at the end of July to say they were crediting my account within 72 hours .....but nothing actually happened.

At the end of September I thought I had better contact them again and complain that they had not done what they said they would, and that they needed to investigate what was going on. I find their on-line systems rather difficult, and made several attempts to lodge a complaint including a letter to Complaints. 

I heard nothing .....       until 28 December, when I got an e-mail giving me a complaint reference number, and saying they would be in touch in a few days. It was from the Resolutions Team.

Four weeks later I have still heard nothing from them, in spite of sending 7 e-mails back to them, asking a variety of questions, from please telephone me/e-mail me to confirm that you have received my e-mails, to asking how i can complain about the process I am going through and will anyone try to talk to me. There has been no response, and it seems that the only way to make contact is using their 0345 number, which is a bit of a lottery at the best of times....

By now they have taken up dozens of hours of my time trying to make contact with someone who can discuss my customer service experience with me. My wife is running out of patience with seeing what their silence is doing to me!

Some questions

Do e-mails to The Resolutions Team sent as replies, get read?

Is there a channel for making complaints about practice and process by the Resolutions Team? - it doesn't seem to be an option in their categories of complaint?

Does anyone have any answers or do I just have to wait for Godot?

ALL SUGGESTIONS GRATEFULLY RECEIVED

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: CAN YOU HELP..Trying to contact customer services from France ain't easy!

VM never respond to email.

Best way is to call at 08.00 sharp and follow options 1,1,4,4 and tell them you want to cancel your contract due to the recent price hike. They will then strive to sort the issues to keep you as a customer which you may or not want.

They are unlikely to want to discuss your customer experience though but may advis you what to do next.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
C-021120330
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - did it. and contacted them - but got no where.......ended up cancelling contract, taking out a minimum internet contract for 18 months so my son should be able to continue to work from home, and leaving contact details.......preferably e-mail in first instance.......so I have a reply facility

spent over an hour on phone - they discovered all sorts of problems, said they would pass it all on..........and I have heard nothing more.

Customer Resolutions seems to be a black hole that is swallowing everything I do, and giving nothing back.......I despair and am resigned to going to arbitration......more time and money......this has been the worst customer service I have experienced in my 72 years.....and I don't know what else I can do....TV?? newspapers.....???

enough of my rant...... thanks for your suggestion......at least I can say I spoke to them ..... even if it has got me nowhere....

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@C-021120330 wrote:

this has been the worst customer service I have experienced in my 72 years.....and I don't know what else I can do....TV?? newspapers.....???

what else can you do? simply cancel and move on.
why bother spending any time speaking to TV and/or newspapers.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
C-021120330
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

because VM should not be allowed to ask arbitrators to do what their own customer services should do.
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i was meaning, why bother wasting your own time.
cancel, move on, and enjoy life.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
C-021120330
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. Noted.

0 Kudos