Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Bye bye VM

Well, after being a customer for over 25 years  (I still have an ntlworld.com email) I have finally got fed up with VM. Plus, I haven't asked for discounts that often because I can't be bothered with the hassle. 3 times since being a customer, 4 with this one - not bad for 25 years - not a usual grumpy customer.

Lack of discounts for existing customers

Very difficult to reach people for (not very many, 6? over the entire period) complaints

Last one today was being routed to an external call centre, being taken through security very slowly, plus other account details - even though already passed security. Lots of times put on hold, told discounts could be applied, more holding, then told discounts could not be applied,(18 minutes) rerouted back to UK, where surprise, surprise (sorry, Cilla) discounts could be applied but not a lot (sorry, Paul Daniels). Currently paying over £100 a month, it's not funny anymore.

Total call time 30 mins. Have lodged a complaint and will ask for call cost refund refund. I was on a mobile - I know there is a 150 number but I wasn't able to use the landline.

Person in UK apologised and said I should have been routed through to retentions - not in this case.

There is a chat facility for new customers, why not for people thinking of disconnecting. Is it made intentionally difficult?

Eventually was explained disconnection process so activated it there and then.

So long VM, customer care is not really there for long standing loyal customers - I know its a business but...

Complaint to Ofcom logged as disconnection process not easy - anti competition?

I won't miss you...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bye bye VM

hI Fitzcarraldo,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am really sorry to see you are leaving, the last thing we want is to lose a valued customer.

Is there anything I can do to help and possibly change your mind, I will be happy to invite you into a private chat and look into this for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What can you do?

Shouldn't you have offered this already????!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I can have a look into your account and see what is available . this is the first time I have spoken to you and I would like to help.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok have a look but, again, if your main staff can't offer this, why can you? Do you realise the message this gives to long term loyal customers? It means you cannot be bothered as a company to reward loyalty. A £12 discount and a lock in for 12 months doesn't really cut it...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I was also informed by retentions that if the contract lapsed for a month, I could then apply as a new customer and get the discounts offered. Seems to defeat the point?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fitzcarraldo,

I will invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, Please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Off out now may still pick up on mobile, or later or tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That's fine, once you reply I will respond.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Fitzcarraldo wrote:

Total call time 30 mins. Have lodged a complaint and will ask for call cost refund refund. I was on a mobile - I know there is a 150 number but I wasn't able to use the landline.

I'm not passing any comment on the rest of your tale by the way, but.... as long as you used the published 0345 number, then this (as are all 03x calls) is charged as a landline call and included in any bundled minute allowances you have.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos