Menu
Pablo53
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Brown box broken outside

Like a number of others here, the brown box on our outside wall has been vandalised - we are in a flat fronted property that opens on to the road so the public have access and somebody has kicked the cover off exposing all the cables. The cover has gone missing!

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brown box broken outside

Hi Pablo53,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your brown box on the wall.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

SarahJB2
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

There are two brown Virgin Media boxes outside my property - one of which has burst open completely, and has multiple cables sticking out.

There are also two damaged cables hanging down the exterior wall of my property, which seem to originate from the virgin box inside my property. 

A new installation was due to take place several weeks ago, but was cancelled. These damaged wires and boxes have been left behind.

Please can be these be inspected and repaired / removed asap?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SarahJB2,

I'm sorry to hear that your omnibox is damaged. We can of course look into getting an engineer out to come to repair any damage as soon as possible.

Do you by chance have a picture of the damage so we can take a look? If so, please can you post below?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
SarahJB2
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Beth,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is a picture of the exterior brown box. There are also several loose wires which hang down the side of the building, they protrude though a cavity in the exterior wall which corresponds to the small, white virgin box inside the property. I believe that these were originally connected to the broken brown exterior box, but obviously have come loose and need removing also:

IMG_0268.JPG

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SarahJB2,

Oh dear - that is a mess! 

Okay, what I'm going to do now is send you a quick PM so I can grab some details from you and look into getting this fixed up.

Please find a message from me over at the purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos