Menu
Emsylou
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broken CATV

Hello, 

the CATV cover along my road has crumbled and people keep regularly driving over it when parking on the kerbside. Please could you arrange for this to be replaced before someone loses their car down it or worse - it gives way under someone’s feet! 

it is adjacent to number 63 and the postcode is KT11 1HL.

I reported this to the local council some time ago but nothing has been done about it.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken CATV

Please repost here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment/ba-p/4151...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for any health and safety risk Emsylou

I will pass this on to the relevant team.  

Regards

Lee _R

Emsylou
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
It has been an entire 5 months since I contacted virgin media regarding the broken CATV cover. I was asked it’s precise location by someone and assumed this matter was all in hand. However, this was not the case. The cover is now deteriorating to the point where it is almost caving in due to people continuing to drive their cars over it. I suggest that as a matter of urgency you instruct your maintainence team to visit and carry out, what appears to be, a very straightforward repair (swapping one cover for another) before someone seriously hurts themselves. I am not sure where you will legally stand should this be the case considering you have been notified on multiple occasions.
Regards
Emma

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

if it's an immediate H&S issue then report it to the council who have a duty to make it safe until a repair can be carried out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Emsylou
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have! 
They have told us to contact virgin directly!

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

the council have a duty of care for any immediate H&S issues on the public highway.
they will not be responsible for the repair, but they will be responsible to "make it safe" until the repair is done.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos