Menu
Weissy101
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband switch between providers

Once I’ve joined do virgin tell our existing broadband provider we no longer require their services on the day of transfer? 

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband switch between providers

Yes, unless you are transering your phone number and then it will most likely be done for you.

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Weissy101
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I just replied but I’m struggling to see whole thread on my iPhone. Our install date is this Friday but Vodafone say they know nothing and therefore they are charging us another months broadband. I’m pretty furious. We have joined virgin for fibre broadband and have our landline number transferred. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks Sarah 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you are transferring your landline number to Virgin Media then VM handle that side of things with your current phone supplier.

On the broadband side it is up to you to cancel with your current supplier.  It is advisable not to cancel your existing broadband until the VM installation has taken place and is up and running correctly.

It is not unheard of for there to a problem at the point of installation, which could leave you without supply if you cancel your existing broadband too soon.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Update, this is all now resolved. Thank you for reaching out to us here.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos